Low-FODMAP Maple Banana Coconut Bacon Oatmeal
Yields: 1 ½ cups = 3 Low-FODMAP servings
- 3 slices bacon
- ¾ cup lactose-free milk or low-FODMAP plant-based milk, divided
- 1 cup old-fashioned gluten-free rolled oats
- pinch kosher salt
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed walnuts, divided (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, fold over paper towel and pat dry. Let cool, then crumble.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring ½ cup milk to a boil. Stir in oats and salt, reduce heat to low, and add in sliced banana and coconut cream. Stir again to combine and then simmer for about 3 minutes. Add in ¼ cup milk, 1 tablespoon shredded coconut, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, chia seeds and stir. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes, or until oats are tender and creamy.
- Divide oatmeal evenly into three bowls; add even amounts of crumbled bacon, crushed walnuts, remaining dried coconut and maple syrup. Enjoy immediately!
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below:
“Be Good to Yourself and Your Gut!” ~Colleen Francioli, Founder FODMAPLife.com