Wow, these truffles were so dee-licious! Just in time for the holidays, you can make them for Thanksgiving, Christmas or bring them to a holiday party, or make them as gifts and place in cute little boxes (on my to-do list!).
I used Pyure Organic Stevia Blend for this recipe which lends a lovely taste (you seriously wouldn’t know it’s not sugar!).
Obviously, with the holidays most people are bound to consume more added sugar, so using stevia is a great way to enjoy sweets and desserts without the extra calories, blood sugar issues and inflammation. The average American consumes 17 teaspoons (71.14 grams) every day! It should be noted that according to the American Heart Association the max amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons) Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons).
Pumpkin Truffles Recipe Ingredients
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
3 teaspoons Pyure Organic Stevia Blend
2 tablespoons natural almond butter
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1 cup semi-sweet Ghirardelli chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/2 tablespoon Maldon flaked sea salt
Pumpkin Truffles Recipe Preparation
1) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
2) Combine pumpkin puree, Pyure stevia, almond butter and pumpkin pie spice in a medium mixing bowl. Add in almond flour and stir or whisk until the batter is evenly combined.
3) Using your hands, roll 15 small balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Place in the freezer to harden for 20 minutes. At 5 minutes before you remove the balls from the freezer, start the next step.
4) To a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Microwave for 30 seconds intervals and stir with a spoon each time. Depending on the power of your microwave, it may take 3 to 6 times for the chocolate to be melted.
5) Remove the balls from the freezer. Dip one at a time into the chocolate bowl, rolling gently to ensure all sides are covered in chocolate. Place the ball back on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with the salt. Repeat with remaining balls.
6) Chill in the freezer for 5 minutes and then they are ready to enjoy with friends and family!