YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
Cod is, of course, fantastic when it’s fried, but I prefer to bake it since the result is so much lower
in fat. And, thanks to its mild, sweet taste, cod is a great backdrop for stronger flavors, like the homemade seasoned bread crumb mixture here. It’s fast and easy enough to make on weeknights—even
when you’re working late—and it needs nothing more than a side of rice or quinoa and a salad, like
the Citrus Fennel Carrot Slaw.
LOW FODMAP CRISPY BAKED COD Ingredients
- 1 POUND (455 G) SKINLESS COD FILLETS
- 1 TABLESPOON (14 G) LIGHT MAYONNAISE
- 1 TEASPOON FRESH LEMON JUICE
- ⅓ CUP (38 G) BRE AD CRUMBS
- ¼ CUP (25 G) GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1 TABLESPOON (15 ML) EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 TEASPOON ITALIAN HERB SEASONING
- ¼ TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
- ¼ TEASPOON FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
LOW FODMAP CRISPY BAKED COD Steps
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C, or gas mark 6).
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) baking pan.
- Place the cod fillets in the pan. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Spread evenly over each fillet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, Italian herb seasoning,
kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the cod.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the topping is lightly browned and the cod easily flakes with a fork.
- Serve hot.