I had such a great time making this recipe using FODMAPPED’s delicious Chicken Broth and I am super excited that FODMAPPED is now available in the U.S.! FODMAPPED is the world’s first low-FODMAP food company and has products available in over 200 stores in Australia, but if you are in the U.S. you can now easily purchase their products on Amazon.com! I love the variety of FODMAPPED’s pasta sauces, soups, stocks and simmer sauces.
Low-FODMAP Creamy Carrot Soup
By Colleen Francioli, FODMAPLife.com
Servings – 4
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2.5 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 cups FODMAPPED Chicken Broth
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat butter and oil in a Dutch oven or medium-sized pot over medium heat until butter melts. Add sage and thyme; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 8-10 seconds.
- Stir in carrots. Add water, ginger paste and FODMAPPED Chicken Stock; over high heat, bring everything to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer and cook until carrots are very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Carefully pour hot soup into a food processor or blender, add coconut cream, salt and pepper and puree until smooth. Once pureed, add more salt or pepper to taste.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below:
Looking for help on the low-FODMAP diet? Ask me about my nutritional coaching services by contacting me here.