Blueberry crisp is one of my favourites, but if you’re on a low-FODMAP diet, it’s important to be mindful of serving sizes,
as [highlight]blueberries contain fructans[/highlight]. But with these individual mini crisps, it’s easy to control both FODMAPs and calories at the same time.
LOW FODMAP MINI BLUEBERRY CRISPS Ingredients
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
- 3 TABLESPOONS (42 G) UNSALTED BUTTER OR VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
- ½ CUP (40 G) QUICK-COOKING OATS (GLUTENFREE IF NECESSARY)
- ⅓ CUP (75 G) PACKED BROWN SUGAR
- ¼ CUP (41 G) BASIC FLOUR BLEND
- ½ TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
- ¼ TEASPOON SALT
- 1 CUP (145 G) FRESH OR FROZEN BLUEBERRIES
LOW FODMAP MINI BLUEBERRY CRISPS Steps
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- Double-line 6 cups of a standard-size muffin pan with paper liners.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oats, brown sugar, Basic Flour Blend, cinnamon,
- Stir until well combined and crumbly. Press a heaping tablespoon (15 g) of the crisp
mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Add about 20 blueberries to each cup. Sprinkle each cup evenly with the remaining crisp mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the blueberries are bubbling and the tops are lightly browned.
- Serve warm.