If you’re looking for a low-carb, low-FODMAP and satisfying meal option, consider the recipe below. Used along with FODMAPPED’s Red Wine & Italian Herbs Tomato Pasta Sauce, I found this dish to taste fresh, light, sightly sweet and it comes with a nice dose of protein from the shrimp. FODMAPPED’s pasta sauce really imparts a lot of flavor, as do the fresh vegetables and olives. If you’re vegan, this dish would be really good without the shrimp too.
Headed to a summer BBQ, having a dinner party or want something healthy for a night in? This dish will be a crowd pleaser to all.
Low-FODMAP Shrimp with Vegetable Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash (about 1/2 medium spaghetti squash)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 packet FODMAPPED Red Wine & Italian Herbs Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 16 medium shrimp (about 3/4 lbs.), peeled, deveined
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 medium carrot
- 14 black olives, sliced
- 2 ounces low-FODMAP cheese, divided (optional)
- Cook Spaghetti Squash – cut ends off squash, then cut squash down middle. Scrape out seeds and discard. Lightly coat insides with some extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place face down in a 9″x13″ baking dish (or high-rimmed cookie sheet) and pour a 1/2 cup water into dish and bake until just tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, as spaghetti squash is cooking, prepare zucchini and carrots – cut off ends of zucchinis and carrot. Peel carrot. Run zucchinis and carrot through spiralizer on the thick setting to make noodles.
- Take one half of spaghetti squash and scrape out insides with fork. Set aside.
- Into a medium-sized pan, pour in FODMAPPED sauce. Add in shrimp and zucchini and carrot noodles. Add in black olives. Stir everything to combine, keeping shrimp flat on surface of pan. Cook on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Add in spaghetti squash. Serve immediately on two plates and garnish with an ounce each of low-FODMAP cheese such as Parmesan or mozzarella, or store in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
Have a great summer and check back for more recipes!
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below