Low-FODMAP Tapioca Pudding with Dark Chocolate
- 1 ½ cups lite coconut milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons tapioca granules
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Optional: garnish with edible flowers
- In a medium sauce pan, add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add tapioca granules and salt. Whisk ingredients to combine.
- Simmer for 13 to 18 minutes and continue to whisk often or until tapioca is completely transparent. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and maple syrup. Refrigerate to room temperature.
- Remove pudding from refrigerator and stir well to break up tapioca before pouring into three small bowls. Sprinkle a ½ teaspoon each of coconut over each bowl of pudding.
- Place dark chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute then stir. Microwave again for 15 seconds and stir, and repeat this step two more times. Once soft and melted, drizzle chocolate on top of pudding. Garnish with edible flowers for a special event or gathering. Other garnish ideas: slivered strawberries, raspberries, chopped pineapple, pomegranate seeds (no more than a ¼ cup), more shredded coconut, or crushed walnuts. Enjoy!