And back to these carrots! You can make them ahead of time and store in an air-tight container in your refrigerator and serve cold or make immediately and serve while still hot. Either way, your guests will love the tender roasted carrots and the earthy, slightly sweet dressing.
- 1 pound organic carrots
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and peel carrots and trim ends. Slice carrots lengthwise. In a medium-sized bowl, toss carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Transfer carrots to a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil or a roasting pan, cut side down. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by adding in 3 tablespoons olive oil, turmeric, lemon juice, maple syrup, dijon mustard, mint and 1/8 teaspoon salt and whisk together until combined.
- Transfer carrots to a serving platter or dish and toss with dressing.