These fluffy and delicate cakes are delicious in the morning or for dessert with low-FODMAP tea, or as a snack. Be sure to give them enough time to cool before cutting into nine squares.
Low-FODMAP Blueberry Pumpkin Seed Breakfast Cakes
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup EggBeaters (or 2 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line an 8″ x 8″ baking pan with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, brown rice flour, baking soda, and salt. Add in maple syrup, chia seeds, coconut oil, lemon zest and juice, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir until well combined.
- Press into baking pan and make an even layer.
- Sprinkle in pumpkin seeds evenly around baking dish. Top with blueberries and slightly press them into dough.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until edges begin to lightly brown.