Let’s kick your snacking options UP a notch with my Low-FODMAP Gourmet Toast Recipes! Gourmet toast is the answer to fast, satisfying low-FODMAP snacks for adults or kids or they work great as appetizers for the family, friends or at your next party.
Top low-FODMAP bread with these tasty low-FODMAP concoctions and get toasting!
*Please refer to my grocery list for the appropriate low-FODMAP servings for ingredients below
- Top one slice of toast with mozzarella, 4 halved cherry tomatoes or 1 tomato slice and fresh herbs.
- Mix leftover salmon with lactose-free cream cheese, dill, salt and lemon juice. Spread on toast.
- Spread almond butter on toast and top with chia seeds and ½ medium ripe banana, sliced.
- Spread goat cheese on toast. Add 1 teaspoon maple syrup, then 5 blueberries, 1 slivered strawberry and 3 raspberries. Add chopped fresh basil and enjoy.
- Spread raspberry jam on toast, add 1-2 slices cooked turkey breast or deli turkey. Add one slice or shredded mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbling.
- The Elvis – inspired by Elvis’ favorite sandwich – and baby it’s so good – spread 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter on toast, cut one piece of cooked bacon in half and lay side by side on toast. Cut a ½ medium ripe banana into chunks and top bacon.
- Low-FODMAP Sweet Walnut Toast – Spread lactose-free cream cheese on toast and add 1 teaspoon maple syrup and crushed walnuts (see above).
- Spread toasted bread with whole grain mustard. Add slices of prosciutto, sliced sharp white cheddar, and 1 tablespoon relish.
- Top toast with egg salad and chopped scallions (green tips of scallions only).
- Spread on goat cheese, an orange slice and chopped fresh mint.
- Spread whole grain mustard on toast, top with roast beef then one slice cheddar. Place in broiler and broil until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Drain canned tuna and place in bowl. Mix together with lemon juice and zest, olive oil, chopped parsley and salt; spread on toasts.
- Spread warmed pesto on toast (see my pesto recipe here) and shaved Parmesan.
- Spread low-FODMAP hummus on toast, then add roasted red peppers and smoked salmon, and a dash of sea salt. See Kate Scarlata’s hummus recipe here.
- Top toast with smoked salmon, thin slices of cucumbers, salted butter and freshly ground black pepper (see above).
- Mix crabmeat with mayonnaise (such as Sir Kensington’s), salt and pepper. Spread on toast and top with 2-3 sliced jalapenos.
- Nicoise toast – top toast with egg salad, chopped parsley, capers, 4 halved cherry tomatoes, 3 sliced olives, 2-3 ounces of tuna packed in olive oil, such as Tonnino Tuna.
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below:
Be good to yourself and your gut!
I tried to submit my name and email address to get recipes etc and came up that my email address was invalid. I’m from Australia and I have a .au on the end of hotmail.com so don’t know whether that is the reason it’s not recognised.
Hi Anne, I’ve got your email address and will add it to my newsletter list. Thank you! ~Colleen