I love simple recipes. Sometimes I am in the mood (or have the time) for complex recipes, however with Christmas and New Years right around the corner, today is about simple. My Low-FODMAP Roasted Carrots with Turmeric Maple Mint Dressing is simple, easy and will be loved by your guests, adults and children. If you’ve not been to my blog lately, make sure you check out these other low-FODMAP holiday recipe ideas:
- Low-FODMAP Chocolate and Pecan Bread Pudding
- Low-FODMAP Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- Low-FODMAP Creamy Rosemary Polenta
- Look here and here for more recipe ideas
- Check back again this week for more holiday ideas!
And back to these carrots! You can make them ahead of time and store in an air-tight container in your refrigerator and serve cold or make immediately and serve while still hot. Either way, your guests will love the tender roasted carrots and the earthy, slightly sweet dressing.
- 1 pound organic carrots
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and peel carrots and trim ends. Slice carrots lengthwise. In a medium-sized bowl, toss carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Transfer carrots to a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil or a roasting pan, cut side down. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by adding in 3 tablespoons olive oil, turmeric, lemon juice, maple syrup, dijon mustard, mint and 1/8 teaspoon salt and whisk together until combined.
- Transfer carrots to a serving platter or dish and toss with dressing.
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below:
Enjoy the holidays!