…Or ‘Aubergine Melts’ as BBC Good Food calls them… and melt in the mouth they do! Five ingredients (well, six actually – I added one more), with an approximate cooking time of 30 minutes…the perfect post-work dinner, especially in the summer months.
All you need (serves 1):
A drizzle of olive oil
1 tomato, sliced
4 slices of mozzarella
A drizzle of lemon juice
I adapted the recipe for one, and my method slightly varies from the original – see what suits!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
2. Meanwhile, halve the aubergine lengthways and score with a knife so that you can drizzle the lemon juice and oil into the gaps.
3. Pop in the oven for 25 minutes, or as long as possible so that the aubergine has softened nicely.
4. Finally, add the sliced tomato, mozzarella, and basil and pop back in the oven – finish off under the grill for that extra touch.
5. Serve with sides of choice.
If you’d like to include meat in the dish, adding grilled bacon works a treat.
I love aubergine cooked this way – so simple, so healthy…
and so delicious! xo
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below: