Let’s kick your snacking options UP a notch with my Low-FODMAP Gourmet Toast Recipes! Gourmet toast is the answer to fast, satisfying low-FODMAP snacks for adults or kids or they work great as appetizers for the family, friends or at your next party.
Top low-FODMAP bread with these tasty low-FODMAP concoctions and get toasting!
*Please refer to my grocery list for the appropriate low-FODMAP servings for ingredients below
- Top one slice of toast with mozzarella, 4 halved cherry tomatoes or 1 tomato slice and fresh herbs.
- Mix leftover salmon with lactose-free cream cheese, dill, salt and lemon juice. Spread on toast.
- Spread almond butter on toast and top with chia seeds and ½ medium ripe banana, sliced.
- Spread goat cheese on toast. Add 1 teaspoon maple syrup, then 5 blueberries, 1 slivered strawberry and 3 raspberries. Add chopped fresh basil and enjoy.
- Spread raspberry jam on toast, add 1-2 slices cooked turkey breast or deli turkey. Add one slice or shredded mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbling.
- The Elvis – inspired by Elvis’ favorite sandwich – and baby it’s so good – spread 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter on toast, cut one piece of cooked bacon in half and lay side by side on toast. Cut a ½ medium ripe banana into chunks and top bacon.
- Low-FODMAP Sweet Walnut Toast – Spread lactose-free cream cheese on toast and add 1 teaspoon maple syrup and crushed walnuts (see above).
- Spread toasted bread with whole grain mustard. Add slices of prosciutto, sliced sharp white cheddar, and 1 tablespoon relish.
- Top toast with egg salad and chopped scallions (green tips of scallions only).
- Spread on goat cheese, an orange slice and chopped fresh mint.
- Spread whole grain mustard on toast, top with roast beef then one slice cheddar. Place in broiler and broil until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Drain canned tuna and place in bowl. Mix together with lemon juice and zest, olive oil, chopped parsley and salt; spread on toasts.
- Spread warmed pesto on toast (see my pesto recipe here) and shaved Parmesan.
- Spread low-FODMAP hummus on toast, then add roasted red peppers and smoked salmon, and a dash of sea salt. See Kate Scarlata’s hummus recipe here.
- Top toast with smoked salmon, thin slices of cucumbers, salted butter and freshly ground black pepper (see above).
- Mix crabmeat with mayonnaise (such as Sir Kensington’s), salt and pepper. Spread on toast and top with 2-3 sliced jalapenos.
- Nicoise toast – top toast with egg salad, chopped parsley, capers, 4 halved cherry tomatoes, 3 sliced olives, 2-3 ounces of tuna packed in olive oil, such as Tonnino Tuna.
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below:
Be good to yourself and your gut!