The meatballs I know from childhood contained breadcrumbs and raisins. I still remember the smell, filling every room and surface area in my Grandmother’s home. And then biting into them – always humungous in size and one was enough for an adult yet Grandma would give the kids at least two or three! Those meat-a-balls were absolutely delicious but if you’ve been following the low-FODMAP diet, you know raisins and breadcrumbs (unless gluten-free) are HIGH in FODMAPs. Don’t you worry there fellow #FODMAPer, my recipe is the modern version of .
“>meatball bliss – healthier, delicious, low-FODMAP and oozing with mozzarella!
Easy and cozy for a Sunday night, try these meatballs topped on gluten-free pasta mixed with diced roma tomatoes (or low-FODMAP sauce) and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 pound ground lean turkey meat
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons or 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, mix all ingredients together (except the mozzarella). Divide meat mixture into 15 portions.
- Place 1 small mozzarella cube in the center of each portion and shape into a ball using your hands.
- Bake for 30 minutes or more. They should not be pink inside.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and add to gluten-free pasta with fresh cut roma tomatoes, parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper or serve as appetizers.
Hope you enjoy! Have a great rest of your day/evening, where ever in the world you are!
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below: