Fresh from the kitchen of Life and Thymez check out Zlata’s low-FODMAP recipe! If you have a recipe or personal story you’d like to share about the low-FODMAP diet, please contact me for consideration to become a contributor!
Low-FODMAP and Gluten-Free Sesame Chicken with Spinach over Jasmine Rice
3 cups spinach
1 cup Jasmine Rice
2 cups water or Low-FODMAP chicken broth
1 cup Low-FODMAP chicken broth (Progresso Tuscany)
2 TBSP gluten-free tamari
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP garlic olive oil
2 TBSP rice vinegar
2 TBSP sesame oil
1lb chicken breast
Salt and pepper
2 TBSP gluten free flour
Olive oil for the frying pan
1. Cook rice according to package, replacing water with Low FODMAP chicken broth if desired.
2. In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, brown sugar, tamari sauce, garlic olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil. Set aside.
3. Wash and cut chicken into equal sized pieces.
4. Season with salt and pepper and place into a Ziploc® bag.
5. Add flour and shake around to coat.
6. Heat olive oil in pan and place chicken until it’s browned, about 5-7 minutes.Turn over and cook more, also about 5-7 minutes.
7. Add brown sauce and turn heat to medium-low to continue cooking chicken. The sauce will begin to thicken or alternately, you can also use cornstarch to thicken.
8. Add spinach and mix until wilted.
Top with sesame seeds. (Optional). Scoop chicken out onto rice and serve.
Learn more about Zlata here.
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below: